Operational costs higher than sales and income is a major sales killer.
This sales killer can be either hidden or visible. In both cases, this causes stress. Running the sales division like it is a “numbers game” is a symptom of this problem.
You must know the following:
- What is the true cost of generating the qualified lead?
- How much did it cost to make the sale? (Cost Per Order/Sales)?
- And, what is the true cost of delivering that product or service?
- How many leads are you getting?
- How many of those leads are “qualified” leads?
- How many QUALIFIED leads convert into sales?
Now you have the total cost to get the qualified lead, convert it to a sale and deliver the product or service to the customer. Once you have all of this information clearly understood you will know whether your sales exceeds your operational costs and income.
We have a calculator designed to help you figure this out.